Tuesday 4 November 2014

Final Posters




This is the final poster for the Freak Show season. I changed quite a lot of it from the mock up I had created. I decided to get rid of the clowns face and just have his smile, and nose placed on the background, this allowed me to have him placed in the centre and be able to place font around it. I added a sort of sketched style to the nose and the smile to give them a sort of rough and distorted look. For the teeth I removed the 3D effect and feel they look much better in 2D and actually stand out more. I felt the original background was too light and bright so I made it a very dark colour, almost black. I think this makes it look more creepy as the teeth and nose realy contrast and stand out. I was going to use the american horror story font but thought it looked better by using the same font for both bits of text and making them suitable for the genre and style of the season. 



This is the poster I made for the Asylum season, it's not much different from the mock up. I just added a few textures to the nuns faces, giving them a static look, and used a scratched look on the inverted cross used for the eye to make it look like it was cut into the nun. I used a grainy look for the background and made it darker. I really like the scratched font and like how it matches the cross. On both posters I added the names of the creaters of the show on top and put 3 of the main actors names on the bottom. I'm really pleased with how these have turned out and think that they match both Saul Bass and Horror genre style.

No comments:

Post a Comment